Improving Asthma Care in New York State
Through this BCAP Collaborative, CHCS brought together the New York State Department of Health, health plans, providers, and consumer organizations to develop and implement clinical and administrative practices to improve asthma care for Medicaid beneficiaries. The collaborative had two major goals:
- Implement the state's Asthma Care Guideline to establish practices that improve clinical quality.
- Maximize resources by coordinating interventions and sharing information across stakeholder groups.
Collaborative teams applied the BCAP Quality Framework to structure quality improvement activities, develop realistic short- and long-term measures, and disseminate activities throughout the state.
- Community Premier Plus
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Fidelis Care New York
- Hudson Health Plan
- Independent Health Association
- MetroPlus Health Plan
- Monroe Plan for Medical Care
- MVP Health Care
- New York Presbyterian Community Health Plan
- Preferred Care
- Total Care
- Univera Community Health