Funder: DentaQuest Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
December 14, 2015 | Webinar
Monday, December 14, 2015; 3:00 – 4:00 pm ET
Since states are not required to offer dental benefits for adult Medicaid beneficiaries, inadequate access to dental care is a significant problem for this population — with potential long-term consequences for oral and overall health, costs of care, and employability. Effective engagement of stakeholders is critical to help leverage resources, advance innovative solutions, and drive improvements in coverage, access, and outcomes.
This one-hour webinar highlighted lessons from a Center for Health Care Strategies (CHCS) learning collaborative that worked with five state organizations to develop oral health stakeholder engagement plans. It outlined a practical planning framework to guide stakeholder engagement, described relationship-building strategies, and highlighted approaches undertaken by the collaborative participants to advance oral health goals.
- Stacey Chazin, Director of Prevention Programs, CHCS
- Gregory McClure, DMD, MPH, Dental Director, Delaware Division of Public Health
- Marianne Hughes, Senior Consultant, Interaction Institute for Social Change
- Oral Health Stakeholder Engagement Plan Template – Tool developed for CHCS’ adult oral health learning collaborative to guide the stakeholder engagement process.
- Guide to Completing the Oral Health Stakeholder Engagement Plan – Walks users through the Oral Health Stakeholder Engagement Plan.
- Stakeholder Engagement and Collective Impact – Online forum to promote stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Children’s Dental Health Project Policy Consensus Tool – Tool developed by the Children’s Dental Health Project and the Division of Oral Health of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help stakeholder groups advance consensus-building process.
- Developing, Implementing, and Using Practical Evaluation of Oral Health Programs – National Oral Health Conference presentation in April 2014 by CDC and State of Minnesota.
- Delaware State Senate Bill No. 262 – Proposed bill amending the state code to include preventive and emergency dental care to adults with Medicaid.
This webinar was part of a CHCS technical assistance series, Advancing Dental Access, Innovation, and Quality for Adult Medicaid Beneficiaries, supported by the DentaQuest Foundation and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.