Today, there are many more options for affordable health insurance in the United States. Medicaid is expanding to provide health insurance for millions more Americans in many states, and there are now federal tax credits to help make private health insurance more affordable.
The Center for Health Care Strategies (CHCS) is a national health policy organization devoted to improving access to these options, but it cannot determine your eligibility for health insurance or sign you up. To find help in your state or local area, we encourage you to click below:
Following are resources that may be helpful:
- Learn how to apply for Medicaid Coverage – Learn more about Medicaid benefits and options for coverage.
- Medicaid and CHIP Program Information – Get information about the Medicaid and CHIP programs by population, topic, and state.
- Medicaid and CHIP Income Eligibility Levels – Find out the income levels for Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) eligibility in your state.
- Information on the Federal Poverty Level – Find out the current federal poverty levels for households of between 1 and 8 family members.
- Medicaid: A Primer – Key Information on the Nation’s Health Coverage Program for Low-Income People – Learn about how the Medicaid program is structured, who it covers, what services it provides, how it is financed, and how much it costs.
- From Coverage to Care: A Roadmap to Better Care and a Healthier You – Learn about what health coverage is and how to use it to get health care for you and your family.
For additional help:
- Find Help in Getting Health Insurance – Use the map at this link to find contact information for your state’s Consumer Assistance Program to help with health insurance questions.
- Charity Care – Charity care programs provide low- or no-cost health care to people with low-incomes who are unable to get health coverage. You can find out about charity care organizations in your area by connecting with a local community action agency or a community-based organization providing health insurance enrollment assistance. Also, see Affinity Group for U.S. Charity Care Programs for information about CHCS’ work to support charity care programs in 12 communities across the country.