The Center for Health Care Strategies (CHCS) is a policy design and implementation partner devoted to improving outcomes for people enrolled in Medicaid. We connect people and ideas to spark insights, build expertise, strengthen leadership, and spread innovations. Across sectors and disciplines, we support our partners to make more effective, efficient, and equitable care possible. The passion, expertise and creativity of CHCS’ staff make our work possible. We are committed to a diverse workforce that brings distinct perspectives, cultures, races, ethnicities, gender and sexual identities, experiences, and abilities to the table.
Position Overview/Primary Responsibilities
CHCS is seeking a dynamic, proactive, and highly detail-oriented candidate to serve as an Administrative Coordinator for the Child and Family Health team, as well as additional projects across teams as needed. This full-time, junior-level position will perform the administrative tasks involved with various initiatives and will support mid- and senior-level professionals.
The position reports directly to a senior-level manager and is based in the CHCS office, near Princeton, NJ. Local candidates are desired; remote candidates located outside of NJ/NY/PA will be considered but will be required to travel to the home office from time to time, in addition to the position’s regular travel responsibilities.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Program Administrative Support for Management and Program Staff
- Manage appointments and scheduling of internal and external meetings across numerous team members, multiple projects, and external partners.
- Manage Senior-level manager’s calendar; anticipate and resolve any potential scheduling conflicts.
- Develop and maintain team-facing documents (e.g., team meeting agendas, team staffing trackers, etc.)
- Manage travel and prepare travel itineraries for Child and Family Health team members.
- Maintain electronic contact distribution lists for multi-state initiatives and key constituencies.
- Modify PowerPoint presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Provide back up support to other administrative staff as assigned.
- Plan and execute internal and external CHCS meetings, site visits, and other events to convene and inform project teams. This includes, but is not limited to, management of registration processes and the preparation and assembly of meeting materials (i.e., invitations, presentations, resource materials, name tags, tent cards, thank you notes).
- Work closely with the Travel and Conference Coordinator to ensure all travel and meeting logistics are within the project budget.
- Occasional domestic travel may be required.
- Ability to organize, plan, and execute responsibilities in a detail-oriented fashion across multiple projects within established timeframes and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work independently with little supervision and to work within a team.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of program staff and act proactively.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- A degree from accredited college or university preferred but not required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of administrative support experience.
Salary and Compensation
Salary is commensurate with experience and education level. CHCS also offers a highly competitive benefit package.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via CHCS’ Career Center. The cover letter should include the following elements:
- Why you are interested in the Administrative Coordinator position.
- Any additional professional and/or personal experience that informs your qualifications for the position that otherwise is not obvious from your resume.
- Your salary requirements for the position.