The Center for Health Care Strategies (CHCS) is seeking a dynamic, proactive, and highly detail-oriented candidate to serve as a Human Resources Coordinator for the Operations division. This full-time, junior-level position will perform the administrative tasks involved with various operational needs and will support two senior-level professionals. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Human Resources and is based in the CHCS office, near Princeton, NJ.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist hiring managers with developing and maintaining position descriptions.
- Coordinate and manage job postings on various posting platforms.
- Track applications via Applicant Tracking Software (i.e., ADP WorkForce Now) and maintain supporting documentation throughout the recruiting process.
- Coordinate and schedule interviews with candidates.
- Prepare new hire onboarding packets and schedule new hire orientation meetings.
- Assist with Open Enrollment preparations.
- Ensure all HR-related documents are up-to-date on CHCS Intranet.
- Assist with annual performance review process and 90-day evaluations.
- Assist with coordinating professional development opportunities for CHCS staff.
- Track staff Paid Time Off balances.
- Manage AAA memberships for staff.
- Maintain Cash Log.
- Maintain personnel files; filing as needed.
- Manage IT/maintenance requests and create purchase orders, as needed.
- Process meeting center request via Electronic Tenant Portal.
- Manage conference room calendars and reservations via Outlook.
- Manage and process office supply orders and CHCS stationary inventory.
- Maintain operations of Pitney Bowes Meter.
- Assist with coordinating, packaging, and shipping IT equipment.
Core Competencies and Requirements
- Passionate about CHCS’ mission and work of promoting health equity for underserved populations.
- Associate’s degree in related field is preferred but two or more years of relevant experience will be considered.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices, and benefits administration experience is required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
- Experience with ADP WorkForce Now is preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
The employee will perform job duties in a business office environment. Tasks are generally carried out with no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to work at a desk with a computer for extended periods of time. Specific physical abilities required by this job include operating basic office equipment such as personal computers, duplicating machines, fax machines and standard office telephones. The employee may be required to attend meetings, both on- and offsite, via phone, videoconference or in person.
Salary and Compensation
Salary is commensurate with experience and education level. CHCS also offers a highly competitive benefit package.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via CHCS’ Career Center. The cover letter should include the following elements:
- Why you are interested in the Human Resources Coordinator position.
- Any additional professional and/or personal experience that informs your qualifications for the position that otherwise is not obvious from your resume.
- Your salary requirements for the position.