The Center for Health Care Strategies (CHCS) is a nonprofit health policy resource center near Princeton, New Jersey. It works with state and federal agencies, health plans, providers, and consumer groups to develop innovative programs that better serve low-income Americans, especially those with complex and high-cost health care needs.
Overview of Position
CHCS seeks a senior program officer to help support its national initiatives to improve Medicaid long-term services and supports (LTSS), as well as programs for Medicare-Medicaid enrollees. This position will: (1) manage projects focused on financing and delivery of long-term service and supports (LTSS), including family caregiver supports; (2) provide technical assistance (TA) to states implementing integrated care for Medicare-Medicaid enrollees; and (3) contribute to initiatives related to complex care management for high-need Medicaid beneficiaries. This position reports to the Director of Integrated Care.
- Manage a learning collaborative of state leaders tasked with developing new policy options for improving family caregiver supports.
- Support direct TA to states managing integrated care programs for Medicare-Medicaid enrollees and LTSS delivery innovations.
- Produce written products, such as issue briefs, case studies and policy analyses.
- Develop and lead meetings with states and other CHCS stakeholders via phone calls, webinars, video conferences and in-person events.
- Manage project(s) including submitting project reports to funders, and tracking budgets and work plans.
- Working knowledge of approaches to LTSS financing/delivery; the Medicaid and Medicare programs; and managed care delivery systems.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and independently, and make effective oral presentations.
- Project management expertise, including the ability to oversee complex projects with several staff members, manage multiple assignments efficiently, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with CHCS stakeholders, including its funders, policymakers, and experts in the field.
- Master’s degree in public policy, health management, public health or related area.
- At least five (5) years of work experience working in a state/federal government, a health plan, or provider organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
Salary and Compensation
Salary is commensurate with experience and education level. CHCS also offers a highly competitive benefit package.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Rosa Novatkowski at email@example.com with “Senior Program Officer LTSS/Medicaid-Medicare” in the subject line.