Start: May 2002
End: September 2003
Funder: Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
The goal of the Monitoring Managed Care Performance Technical Assistance Series was to assist state Medicaid agencies in developing a strategic monitoring plan that could be used internally to facilitate decisions, and externally to establish ongoing communications with contractors and program stakeholders.
CHCS helped participating states:
- Create a monitoring vision and goals.
- Identify specific performance measures.
- Establish a measurement structure that defines progress, including baseline and improvement measures.
- Develop a communication plan for information sharing.
Five states published monitoring reports, for internal and external audiences, as a result of the series.
- Medi-Cal Managed Care Division, California
- Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services, Kansas
- Division of Medical Assistance, Massachusetts
- Division of Managed Care, Virginia
- State of Washington Medical Assistance Administration, Washington