The Center for Health Care Strategies (CHCS) is a private, nonprofit organization that works to improve health care delivery for people served by Medicaid. CHCS is not a government agency. Because Medicaid is a government health insurance program, and each state has a different program, CHCS is unable to respond to consumer questions about Medicaid.
Below are links that can help Medicaid members find the information they need about their state programs, including how to contact Medicaid agencies.
- Contact Your State Medicaid Program – A directory of phone numbers and email addresses for contacting the Medicaid program in your state.
- Medicaid Program Overview – A simple explanation of what Medicaid is and who is eligible for Medicaid health insurance coverage.
- Medicaid & You FAQs – Answers to common questions about Medicaid to help you connect with the appropriate resource to address your coverage needs.
- Medicaid Eligibility Checker – Find out if you qualify for Medicaid or other health insurance savings based on your household size, income, and state.
- Health Plan Marketplace – Apply for or change health plans if you have certain life changes.
- Find a Charity Care Program – If you have trouble applying for health coverage in your state, a local charity care program may be able to help you navigate the process.