Getting it right for the public good is our passion.
CHCS is valued by health care stakeholders across the country for its personal hands-on approach and ability to make critical connections between innovative ideas and current policies and between states and delivery systems. For a compass, we follow a set of Core Tenets that guide our day-to-day work.
- We innovate like social entrepreneurs to find gaps and improve health care for low-income populations.
- We think nationally, but act locally. We see the big policy picture, but tailor ideas/programs to unique state politics, delivery systems, and organizations.
- We live for dialectic. We challenge the status quo and consider the full range of possibilities before reaching conclusions. Our ideas evolve accordingly.
- We attend to nuance and embrace ambiguity. There is no one map for getting our work done; we listen carefully and improvise to find the path that will succeed in a particular place and time.
- We strive to keep “getting it right.” We are committed to building our expertise, staying ahead of the curve, and achieving excellence across all work products.
- We invest in people, relationships, and teamwork. We are a trusted, responsive, and astute partner – our receptiveness to funders, clients, and internal colleagues builds strong relationships, reinforces teamwork, and enables our success.
- We create opportunities for collaboration and shared learning. We are a catalyst for brokering new relationships, ideas, and best practices across state and federal agencies, delivery systems, providers, and consumer groups.
- We take the long view. We see past obstacles and stay focused on promoting the best care for low-income beneficiaries of publicly financed care, now and into the future.