- Core Functionality: Care coordination,Referral management,Service provider registry,Addresses social determinants of health,Appointment adherence/ scheduling,Clinical workflow,Communications/ information sharing,Consumer engagement/ behavior change,Data and analytics,Disease management,Health and wellness management,Medication adherence,Reporting,Screening/ assessment tools
- Target Populations: Homeless individuals,People with intellectual/ developmental disabilities,Adolescents/ children,People with behavioral health needs,Medicaid beneficiaries,Frequent emergency department users,Family/ caregivers,Medicare beneficiaries,People with disabilities,Elderly,Limited-English,Veterans,Uninsured individuals,Pregnant women,People with substance use disorders,People with multiple chronic conditions
- Users: Care team members (e.g., social workers, care managers),Payers (e.g., states, health insurers/MCOs),Outreach workers,Social service providers,Referral management specialists,Behavioral health providers,Peers and community health workers,Family/ caregivers,Home health care providers,Intellectual/ developmental disability services providers,Long-term care providers,Medical providers,Patients/ consumers,Senior care/ retirement/ senior day centers,Other health professionals (e.g., occupational therapists, dietitians, speech pathologists)
Activate Care is a public health company with a mission to help care teams track their work, engage patients and families, simplify communication, and streamline workflows. With tasks, workflows, goals, conversations, and care plans all in one place, care teams can tackle complex health and social needs to keep care moving forward.
- Patient and family engagement: Activate Care helps care teams achieve patient and family engagement rates of 70-90 percent.
- Improved outcomes: Families have experienced 28 percent less chronic homelessness, 16 percent fewer emergency department visits, 40 percent fewer inpatient visits, and 29 percent shorter length of stay, and improved quality of life.
- Care team culture and productivity: 59 percent of Activate Care users say the platform noticeably increases team accountability, and 48 percent of users say Activate Care has significantly reduced email and other forms of external communication.
California Whole Person Care, Massachusetts Medicaid LTSS, Boston Medical Center (including Housing Prescriptions as Health Care), Aetna, Providence St. Joseph Health, North Coast Health Improvement & Information Network, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Updated: July 2018
The Digital Health Products for Complex Population database is provided for general informational purposes only. Products are presented without any guarantee regarding accuracy or completeness. Users of this database are responsible for independently verifying all information. Inclusion of any company, service, or product in this database does not imply endorsement by the Center for Health Care Strategies. CHCS makes no effort to verify information on websites linked to outside of www.chcs.org.