- Core Functionality: Addresses social determinants of health,Appointment adherence/ scheduling,Transportation,Care coordination,Communications/ information sharing,Consumer engagement/ behavior change,Coordinates long-term services and supports,Data and analytics
- Target Populations: People with disabilities,Elderly,Medicaid beneficiaries,Medicare beneficiaries,Adolescents/ children,People with behavioral health needs,Family/ caregivers,Domestic violence survivors,Homeless individuals,Immigrants/ migrant workers,Limited-English,LGBTQ individuals,People with intellectual/ developmental disabilities,Frequent emergency department users,People with multiple chronic conditions,People with substance use disorders,Pregnant women,Uninsured individuals,Veterans
- Users: Behavioral health providers,Care team members (e.g., social workers, care managers),Medical providers,Payers (e.g., states, health insurers/MCOs),Other health professionals (e.g., occupational therapists, dietitians, speech pathologists),Patients/ consumers,Family/ caregivers,Pharmacists,Intellectual/ developmental disability services providers,Social service providers,Senior care/ retirement/ senior day centers,Long-term care providers,Home health care providers,Peers and community health workers
Kaizen Health pairs a HIPAA-compliant, secure technology platform with a nationwide network of transportation and logistics partners to assist clients to remove logistical barriers, expand access to care, and improve the overall patient experience. By bringing flexibility, service and transparency to the business of healthcare logistics, we help our partners improve access, outcomes, and the patient experience — all while improving operational efficiency and reducing costs.
- Reduced cancellations: 93.7 percent of patients follow through with their ride and thus show up to their appointment
- Patient satisfaction: A client survey revealed 96 percent patient satisfaction with Kaizen Health.
- Continuity: A customer survey found that 94 percent of patients would have been unable to make or keep their appointment were it not for Kaizen Health.
- Compliance: A client’s 7-day follow-up post discharge jumped from 17% to 50 percent after working with Kaizen Health.
Top clients include: ACCESS Community Health Network (FQHC), BJC HealthCare (provider), McHenry County Mental Health Board, Molina Healthcare (payer), CareSource (payer), Northwestern University Hospital (provider), The Health Plan (payer), University of Chicago Medical Center (provider), and West Hollywood/Beverly Hills (municipality that we run a senior/disabled subsidized program for).
Updated: July 2018
The Digital Health Products for Complex Population database is provided for general informational purposes only. Products are presented without any guarantee regarding accuracy or completeness. Users of this database are responsible for independently verifying all information. Inclusion of any company, service, or product in this database does not imply endorsement by the Center for Health Care Strategies. CHCS makes no effort to verify information on websites linked to outside of www.chcs.org.