January 3, 2019 | Newsletter
In 2018, CHCS published a wide range of publications focused on advancing innovations in health care delivery for low-income Americans. We invite you to explore some of our most popular publications of the last year. We look forward to continuing our work with you in 2019!
- Addressing Social Determinants of Health through Medicaid Accountable Care Organizations – This blog post explores how states are shaping Medicaid accountable care organization efforts to address social determinants of health.
- Complex Care Innovation in Action Series – This profile series spotlights pioneering health care organizations within a diverse range of delivery system, payment, and geographic environments that are enhancing care for individuals with complex needs.
- Laying the Groundwork for Trauma-Informed Care – This brief outlines practical recommendations for health care organizations interested in taking steps toward becoming more trauma-informed.
- Medicaid is Not Just for Doctor’s Visits: Innovative Early Childhood Funding Strategies – This blog post explores opportunities for Medicaid to support families through engaging in cross-sector efforts in education, supportive housing, child welfare, and home visiting.
- Addressing Social Determinants of Health via Medicaid Managed Care Contracts and Section 1115 Demonstrations – This report examines 40 Medicaid managed care contracts and 25 section 1115 demonstrations to identify themes in state approaches to promoting activities related to social determinants of health.
- Promoting Better Health Beyond Health Care – This report explores the many ways that states are collaborating across agencies to improve population health while accomplishing reciprocal goals in areas like transportation and education.
- Using Pay for Success in Medicaid Managed Care and Value-Based Purchasing Initiatives – This blog post explores what Pay for Success can bring to Medicaid and how it can be integrated into managed care and value-based purchasing.
- Strengthening Medicaid Long-Term Services and Supports in an Evolving Policy Environment: A Toolkit for States – This toolkit provides concrete policy strategies, operational steps, and federal and state authorities that states may use to advance long-term services and supports reforms.
- Blueprint for Complex Care: A Strategic Plan for Advancing the Field – This report assesses the current state of the complex care field and outlines actionable recommendations to help the field reach its full potential.
- How States Can Better Engage Medicaid Patients – This blog post shares practical, insightful suggestions from experts regarding how state Medicaid agencies can better engage patients in the policymaking and implementation process.