The Center for Health Care Strategies (CHCS) is coordinating a series of calls for selected states focused on Medicaid health home program design. The series is available to states currently involved in CHCS’ Aligning Forces for Quality Health Care Reform Workgroup, Medicaid Leadership Institute, Reducing Disparities at the Practice Site and Rethinking Care Program initiatives — Arizona, California, Colorado, Illinois, Maine, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee and Washington.
The purpose of the series is to: (1) create an exchange of health home program design strategies among participating states, and (2) identify questions and issues that CHCS can raise with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) on behalf of the states. CHCS will facilitate conversations between the participating states and CMS, SAMHSA, and other experts as needed and requested throughout the series.
Program design topics and dates are listed below; brief summaries will be posted following each call.
- Aligning Health Homes with Existing Programs – 3/16/11 Call Summary
- Identifying the Target Population(s) – 3/30/11 Call Summary
- Implementing in a Managed Care Delivery System – 4/13/11 Call Summary
- Identifying Health Home Providers – 4/27/11 Call Summary
- Defining Health Home Services – 5/25/11 Call Summary
- Missouri’s Approach to Health Homes – 6/8/11 Call Summary
- Designing the Reimbursement Methodology(ies) – 6/22/11 Call Summary
- Measuring Outcomes – 7/20/11