The following are supplementary resources from the toolkit, Improving Asthma Care for Children: Best Practices in Medicaid Managed Care. We thank the health plans, states, and other stakeholders willing to share innovations to benefit Medicaid consumers with asthma across the country.
- Contra Costa Health Services – Asthma Registry Features Guide (PDF): This tool outlines the technical specifications and functionality of the web-based asthma registry developed by Contra Costa County Health Services.
- Contra Costa In-Home Asthma Trigger Check-up (PDF): This checklist was developed by the Contra Costa Health Services Asthma Program for trained community outreach workers to use during in-home environmental assessments.
- Inland Empire Health Plan/Molina Joint Asthma Progress Note (PDF): Two competing California health plans collaborated to develop this asthma progress note for provider offices to standardize asthma reporting. Kansas City Children’s Asthma Management Program – Office-Based Provider Asthma Education Protocol: This resource outlines the protocol and curriculum for KC Camp’s provider office-based asthma education.
- Kansas City Children’s Asthma Management Program – Asthma Action Plan/Cards (PDF): This presentation details Family Health Partners’ KC CAMP Asthma Action Plans and Cards.
- San Francisco Health Plan Provider Profiling Letter (PDF): This letter was sent to physicians to alert them regarding members with asthma who were not receiving appropriate controller medication.