January 2, 2020 | Newsletter
In 2019, CHCS released an array of publications focused on improving health outcomes for low-income Americans. Take a look at some of our most popular resources from the past year. We’re excited to see what the new decade has in store for advancing health care delivery system innovations!
- Opportunities for Complex Care Programs to Address the Social Determinants of Health – Brief explores opportunities to better address patients’ non-medical needs, including identifying unmet social issues, employing non-traditional workers, and partnering with community-based organizations.
- Addressing Social Determinants of Health via Medicaid Managed Care Contracts and Section 1115 Demonstrations – Report examines Medicaid managed care contracts and §1115 demonstrations to identify common themes for incentivizing activities to address social determinants of health.
- Strengthening Medicaid Long-Term Services and Supports in an Evolving Policy Environment: A Toolkit for States – Updated toolkit draws on the experience of leading-edge states to share innovative Medicaid long-term services and supports (LTSS) reform strategies focused on rebalancing LTSS and integrating care.
- Blueprint for Complex Care: 11 Opportunities to Strengthen the Field – Infographic highlights recommendations for advancing the field of complex care, informed by the Blueprint for Complex Care.
- It’s Not Just Risk: Why the Shift to Value-Based Payment is also about Provider Flexibility – Blog post describes the value of emerging alternative payment models that offer increased flexibility for providers to focus on improving outcomes and controlling costs.
- Addressing Medication Complexity Through Community-Based Strategies – Infographic describes how community-based interventions can help address medication complexity, especially for people with complex health and social needs.
- Advancing Primary Care Innovation in Medicaid Managed Care: A Toolkit for States – Toolkit, informed by leading states, details strategies for supporting primary care innovation through managed care organization contract and procurement language.
- Screening for Adverse Childhood Experiences and Trauma – Resource provides guidelines for health care providers to consider when screening patients for adverse childhood experiences and trauma.
- Advancing Health Equity in Medicaid: Emerging Value-Based Payment Innovations – Blog post outlines how states are using innovative Medicaid payment reforms to promote health equity and improve health outcomes.
- Exploring the Impact of Integrated Medicaid Managed Care on Practice-Level Integration of Physical and Behavioral Health – Brief describes how integrated financing influences the coordination of physical and behavioral health services at the point of care and examines key levers for promoting integrated care.