In 2021, CHCS published numerous practical resources outlining opportunities to strengthen the U.S. health care system, particularly for people covered by Medicaid. Check out some of our most popular releases:
- Incorporating Racial Equity into Trauma-Informed Care – Offers practical considerations to help health systems and provider practices incorporate a focus on racial equity to enhance trauma-informed care efforts.
- Advancing Primary Care Innovation in Medicaid Managed Care – Guides states in defining primary care priorities and achieving care delivery goals through managed care contract levers.
- Building a Medicaid Strategy to Address Health-Related Social Needs – Supports Medicaid agencies in developing strategies that address social needs through managed care and value-based payment initiatives.
- Improving Maternal Health Outcomes: State Policy Actions and Opportunities – Explores state activities to improve maternal health outcomes and describes additional opportunities.
- Leveraging Value-Based Payment Approaches to Promote Health Equity – Identifies strategies to guide Medicaid agencies and managed care organizations in developing equity-focused value-based payment approaches.
- Accelerating Child Health Care Transformation: Key Opportunities for Improving Pediatric Care – Offers recommendations to improve child health care delivery and explores barriers to widespread implementation.
- Assessing the Impact of Complex Care Models: Opportunities to Fill in the Gaps – Describes patient- and staff-reported measures that can be used to understand program impact beyond traditional evaluation measures.
- Fighting Hunger by Connecting Cross-Sector Partners and Centering Lived Expertise – Outlines opportunities to integrate individuals with lived expertise in program and policy design and implementation to better address food insecurity.
- Getting Started with a Master Plan for Aging – Describes the benefits of a Master Plan for Aging and shares building blocks that state leaders and other stakeholders can use to build momentum for the approach.
- Exploring the Pathways to Medicaid Leadership – Highlights findings from a national analysis to identify the pathways to Medicaid leadership and uncover opportunities to strengthen this pipeline.
Most Popular CHCS Event
Maximizing Medicaid’s Potential to Close the Disparities Gap and Improve Health Equity
Watch CHCS’ 25th anniversary panel discussion that examined the impact of systemic racism in our nation’s health care system and explored Medicaid opportunities to proactively identify, address, and reduce health disparities.
Most Popular from the Better Care Playbook
Home-Based Primary Care: Reinventing the House Call for Adults with Complex Needs
Explore this curated collection of recent evidence on home-based primary care models as well as practical tools and case studies on effective implementation strategies.