Start: April 2002
End: January 2004
The Best Clinical and Administrative Practices (BCAP) Toward Improving Birth Outcomes workgroup convened 11 health plans to increase the quality of prenatal care for Medicaid/SCHIP enrollees. Chief medical officers from health plans collaborated to identify and pilot practical solutions for improving the health of pregnant mothers and their newborns. Pilot projects included innovative identification, stratification, outreach, and intervention techniques to improve care.
The lessons learned in the Toward Improving Birth Outcomes initiative are incorporated into a toolkit that provides a step-by-step practical approach toward achieving improved birth outcomes.
- Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care, Arkansas
- CareSource, Ohio
- Colorado Access, Colorado
- Coventry Health Care, Delaware
- Harmony Health Plan, Illinois
- Health Partners of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- LA Care Health Plan, California
- Monroe Plan for Medical Care, New York
- Neighborhood Health Plan of Massachusetts, Massachusetts
- Sentara Healthcare, Virginia
- The Bronx Health Plan, New York