Funder: Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
June 2020 | Fact Sheet
Leadership Tips is an ongoing series produced by the Center for Health Care Strategies’ Medicaid Leadership Institute in collaboration with O’Neil & Associates. The following tip sheets are designed to provide general guidance to help the leadership of state agencies and their senior managers develop and refine the skills and expertise necessary to successfully lead their state programs.
- Mediating Conflicts – Shares insights on how managers can effectively facilitate a productive conflict resolution discussion between direct reports.
- When and How to Say No – Features suggestions on how leaders can prioritize their time and energy by identifying when to say no to more commitments.
- Building and Using Executive Teams – Provides key steps that can help executive teams become more effective.
- Fostering a Positive Feedback Environment – Details ways people in leadership roles can create a positive environment for giving and receiving feedback.
- Influencing Up: A Big Challenge – Highlights key ways for effectively leading up and influencing others in higher leadership roles to achieve organizational, team, and individual success.
- Leading Ways: Developing Others – Shares tips on how to develop staff and insight on how development benefits everyone in an organization.
- New Job Leadership Checklist – Provides a checklist of common opportunities leaders can take to address challenges in their new leadership role.
- Leading Ways: Quick Six – Highlights six steps that can help leaders make quick and thoughtful decisions.
- Leading Ways Amid COVID-19: How to Lead When It Really Matters – Shares considerations for people in leadership roles to continue guiding their organization during the COVID-19 pandemic.