Stakeholders across the nation are committed to finding new ways to measure quality and impact of complex care programs. This webinar, cosponsored by the Center for Health Care Strategies (CHCS) and the Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers’ National Center for Complex Health & Social Needs, featured first-hand experiences and reflections from the field on recent innovations in complex care measurement.
Representatives from CHCS and Joslyn Levy & Associates presented on their recently developed measures library, created to support pilot sites participating in CHCS’ Advancing Integrated Models (AIM) initiative in assessing the impact of their complex care interventions. Presenters discussed how these patient- and staff-reported measures were developed and how they can augment existing outcome measures. Representatives from two AIM sites — Boston Medical Center: Center for The Urban Child and Healthy Family in Massachusetts and Hill Country Health and Wellness Center in Northern California — shared their experiences and lessons in using the library to enhance measurement strategies for their complex care models.
The National Center for Complex Health and Social Needs presented findings and recommendations from a recent report on the implementation of patient-reported outcome measures in complex care programs. National Consumer Scholar Janice Tufte discussed her experience on various quality measurement initiatives as a patient stakeholder and subject matter expert.
- Rebecca Sax, MPH, Senior Program Manager, Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers
- Janice Tufte, Public-Patient Involved Stakeholder, National Consumer Scholar, PCORI Ambassador
- Karla Silverman, MS, RN, CNM, Associate Director for Complex Care Delivery, Center for Health Care Strategies
- Joslyn Levy, BSN, MPH, Principal, Joslyn Levy & Associates
- Carey Howard, MPH, Program Director, Center for the Urban Child and Healthy Family at Boston Medical Center
- Susan Foster, MSN, FNP-BC, Chief Medical Officer, Hill Country Health and Wellness Center
- Jo Campbell, ACSW, CWWS, Integrated Operations Director, Hill Country Health & Wellness Center