No summer is complete without the essentials — sunscreen, flip flops, and a good vacation read. The Center for Health Care Strategies’ summer reading list can catch you up on the latest innovations in health care delivery, particularly for people served by Medicaid. Check out these recent top resources on CHCS.org.
- Talking About Complex Care: A Guide for Clear and Effective Communications – Presents messages and practical guidance for communicating about complex care for anyone seeking to build support for this approach to care.
- Fighting Hunger by Connecting Cross-Sector Partners and Centering Lived Expertise – Offers recommendations for integrating people with lived expertise as partners in program and policy design to address food insecurity.
- Incorporating Racial Equity into Trauma-Informed Care – Shares considerations to help health systems and provider practices incorporate a focus on racial equity to enhance trauma-informed care efforts.
- Getting Started with a Master Plan for Aging – Describes the benefits of pursuing a Master Plan for Aging (MPA) and outlines key building blocks for generating buy-in and momentum for an MPA.
- Diversifying Medicaid’s Leaders to Better Address Health Equity – Highlights strategies for ensuring a robust pipeline of strong and diverse Medicaid leaders. See also a related infographic.
- Accelerating Child Health Care Transformation: Key Opportunities for Improving Pediatric Care – Provides practical recommendations for adopting approaches that transform child health care delivery.
- Four Ways to Strengthen the Direct Care Workforce – Highlights recommendations for states to strengthen and sustain the direct care workforce, with a specific emphasis on state Medicaid agencies.
- The Doctor Will Hear You Now: Audio-Only Telehealth and the Promise of Access, Equity, and Engagement – Explores how audio-only telehealth offers a promising solution to expand access to care, improve patient experience, and advance health equity.
- Innovation at the Intersection of Health Care and Homelessness: Insights from California’s Medicaid Director – Features a conversation with California’s Medicaid director on improving care for people experiencing homelessness and what other states can learn from California.
- Investing in Primary Care is Essential to Achieve State Goals — and How Investments are Structured is Crucial – Presents promising approaches that states are using to invest in primary care more effectively for their Medicaid populations.
Top CHCS Event
- Words Matter: How Language Used in Health Care Settings Can Impact the Quality of Pediatric Care – This webinar featured perspectives on the impact of language used during care and in medical records, and how provider interactions rooted in respect can support health and well-being.
- Medicaid Leadership Exchange – This podcast series features candid discussions with Medicaid directors and other senior Medicaid staff on priority topics related to leading state agencies.
Popular on the Better Care Playbook
- Applying Research Evidence to Support Complex Care Program Design: Seven Lessons from the Field – This blog post shares themes from a panel discussion on translating research findings into decision making for complex care program design and improvements.